Saturday, June 2, 2007

A New Outlaw

Welcome to my blog, my name is Ahmed Mohtaseb and I will be riding my bike to Chicago. Yes that's 1,400 miles on two wheels and yes I know I've gone mad! I entitled my blog Chicago Outlaw because for one, my journey will be ending in Chicago (duh), and for two, in the 1960's the coolest gang of motorcycle bikers called them selves the Chicago Outlaws. Today riding a motorcycle (and other fuel powered vehicles), is not only environmentally UN-friendly, it's expensive! Wasting $3.60 on gas is hardly cool! A new generation of cool ass bikers exists today, but they aren't wearing skull bandanas and leather jackets. They are wearing padded spandex shorts, and clip-in cycling cleats. They actually look like homosexuals, but hey, that too is cool today! (For the record, I am not a homosexual!)

Sometimes stepping out of reality, as I will be doing this month, helps reality step forward even if it's a small step. Aside from taking a month long vacation, one of the agendas I have for this trip is to raise questions about the environment and possible solutions by increasing the cool factor of cycling. The trip officially starts on June 3,2007 and ends for me on July 1st. join us if not physically, then Cyberly on this website: http://cycho-psycler.blogspot.com/or on Grahams website which is http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/2577 we'll both be signing on at least twice a week with fresh posts, but for now I'm signing off! peace!

1 comment:

ChiTam said...

First one to post!

Ha!... so you're saying you want to be 'forest gump' but on a bike. I'm just kidding. I think its great!....Crazy!.... but great! Take alot of pictures, there's probably going to be alot of scenery that you might come across. Give me a call 1 or 2 days before you hit your final destination point, i'll try to fly to chicago to meet you there. lol ;P.