Saturday, June 2, 2007

How it started

Graham and I have been talking about going biking ever since we found out that the other rides. The unfortunate thing about being an architecture student is, architecture is the only hobby one has time for, so it never happened! About a month ago, I ran into Graham in the computer lab on the second floor of Higgins hall north (the architecture building at Pratt). He was busy trying to finish a project before midterm reviews, and I was busy bullshitting on facebook (what else is new). We got to talking about summer plans, I mentioned working at a firm, working on my portfolio, and chillaxin before thesis year. He mentioned graduation, working a bit, and possibly riding cross-country with pals Bryan and Eric. I told him I'd go, and that's the story of how it all began for me.

A few hours after final review Eric hurt himself. It didn't seem like he would join us, but he assured us he'd get better in time for the start of the trip, and surprisingly enough he did. But a few days before the start of the trip, Eric hurt himself again, so he isn't coming.

For Graham and Bryan, the trip will start in Brooklyn on June 3, 2007 and end in Seattle some time in mid August. For me, the journey may end in Chicago, as I must return to help my mother move out of her house in New Jersey. I may decide to join back with the crew somewhere between Aspen, and Glacier National Park. Between Brooklyn and Chicago, we'll be stopping somewhere in Bergen County NJ, Allentown PA, Bear Run, PA, And Pittsburg PA. We don't yet have a set route for the rest of the trip, but we'll be crossing Ohio (maybe Cleveland/ Lake Erie area) and Indiana, so if you or someone you know live around any of these areas and can help us out with a place to shower, and crash, let us know! We're totally cool! Just comment on any of my posts and we'll gladly take advantage of you. thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Kimby said...

Have fun!! post lost of pictures!! And say Hi to Graham for me! =D

Unknown said...

Yes he is my son ,my heart went with u son i pray every second since u left NJ to help u in your adventure and make your trip safe and full with excitements.love you.